Here's my heart: that we might create a haven for our husbands, who see so much of the filth in our world on a daily basis. That we might cover our husbands' departments with prayer-prayer for safety & peace and spiritual revival. That hearts would change in our country for LE, that LEOs would be respected.

Sticky:

For any new visitors,the first post is here, if you are interested in the purpose of this blog.

Scroll down for recent posts.

Monday, December 24, 2007

2 AM Parties

Okay, I get it, but I don't want to get it. Does that make sense?

Shane's shift's Christmas party is tonight (tomorrow morning) at 2 AM. Yes, he'll be leaving soon for a party that will take place while we're all sleeping.

Part of me wants to be hacked that our family holiday has to be intruded upon by the SO's night shift party. Good grief, it's not like it's Midnight Mass, it's a lot of crude jokes, gag gifts and junk food.

However, if my staff at my office were in that situation (having no choice but to have at least some of us working during a time we'd all like to be home), I'd be there, too. It's kind of like Bathsheba's husband when he wouldn't go home to sleep b/c his troops were not able to go home. I appreciate the camaraderie.

Shane has to work Christmas afternoon and night, so when he leaves the festivities tomorrow, I won't see him until Wednesday morning. I'm trying hard to focus on the gift we were given-that he was home tonight when he's usually on duty, he'll be home and awake (believe me, I'll make sure he's nice and awake, lol!) for our immediate family's Christmas time and for the meal at my aunt's. I'm focusing on the positive-that he has a good job, works with people he likes, got a Christmas bonus, we're all healthy and we are celebrating for the right reason (Jesus!). Above all, I want to honor the Lord and Shane by having a good attitude. I know it'll be a challenge, but I think I'm ready!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: