Here's my heart: that we might create a haven for our husbands, who see so much of the filth in our world on a daily basis. That we might cover our husbands' departments with prayer-prayer for safety & peace and spiritual revival. That hearts would change in our country for LE, that LEOs would be respected.

Sticky:

For any new visitors,the first post is here, if you are interested in the purpose of this blog.

Scroll down for recent posts.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Need a boost?

A friend sent me this link yesterday-it's so great! It a site that has a lot of ministries listed with links to listening to each online. Many are familiar to me, but some are not. It would be fun to experiment and find some new uplifting, challenging messages to boost us on. Some I'm excited to see: Alistair Beg, Nancy Leigh Demoss, Focus on the Family (including their kid series, Adventures in Adyssey!), and Beth Moore. Go have a peek!

FYI-I just got Emotional Survival for Law Enforcement Officers and Their Families in this week. I plan to dive into it soon!

2 comments:

Rita said...

Thanks for posting this site. I love Beth Moore. She is truly blessed with the gift of teaching.

Have you read any of the Emotional Survival Book yet? I hope that you become inspired to start working on your book - A book from the wife of someone who actually understands what is is like to be married to someone in law enforcement and understands the importance of God being the head of the marriage. I haven't forgotten about writing about my experiences as the wife of someone in law enforcement. Hopefully, I will be able to start writing soon.
Take care and God bless.

Wendy said...

Hey Rita, I've been wondering how you're doing! Glad you stopped back in.

No, I haven't started the book yet-reading the book or writing one either, lol.

I have a stack of books I'm trying to read all the way through...I finished one, and I have 2 I'm almost done with, then I'll start Emotional Survival..

Good-don't forget, I want your input, too :)