Here's my heart: that we might create a haven for our husbands, who see so much of the filth in our world on a daily basis. That we might cover our husbands' departments with prayer-prayer for safety & peace and spiritual revival. That hearts would change in our country for LE, that LEOs would be respected.

Sticky:

For any new visitors,the first post is here, if you are interested in the purpose of this blog.

Scroll down for recent posts.

Friday, May 30, 2008

My husband

He gives me so much blogging material sometimes...

In the almost 3 years he's worked for the SO, he's only called me from there a very few amount of times. If he has a chance to change shifts/days off, he might call me, and the few times he's had to go to the hospital I'll get a call.

He came in today and told me he was crazy last night and almost called me several times. First-a little background-he has been given the job of Officer in Charge two nights a week. That means he has to act like a Sgt (go in early, stay late, and run the shift-but with no extra pay). They're also short handed and way full with a neighboring county's inmates adding to the bulge. So, he's having lots of those nights when he just goes and goes without having a chance to sit down.

So, with that atmosphere, he goes in last night and gets the run down from the previous shift. Lo and behold, Shane knows the guy in the holding tank. It's only happened a few times that he's known who he's booking in. There's been a distant cousin he grew up around and a guy or two who we've gone to church with. Last night he was just about to blow his top-it's so hard to book in a friend. It embarrasses both of you.

So, this morning we're doing our own shift talk-you know when I give him the latest family news and he fills me in on how work or whatever is going. The girls are especially needy for Daddy on Fridays since they've gone a few days without really seeing him. After we get them settled elsewhere, he's trying to talk to me but keeps falling asleep and mixing his sentences with nonsense as he fights drifting off. He told me two of the other county's inmates left this morning and took all their stuff with them. He stressed that last part, and I said, "Wow, I bet the property room is empty now!" He woke up a bit and just laughed...

I wanted to take a picture of him trying to read this morning. After the above happened, I turned off the light and started to leave. He said, "I need that on, so I can read." We both knew how that would go, but he tried anyway. I took a shower and went back in the bedroom to get dressed. There he was, book on chest, snoring. Poor guy. He's been trying to read that book for a week and is probably only on chapter 2!

I do love having him home during the day, it's nice...although I thought this morning that most people probably get in their recliners at the end of the day and talk. I have to crawl in bed with my husband to visit. Ahh, the joys of the night shift :)

1 comment:

SuperMom Blues said...

I often forget what Shane does for a living. I could never imagine having to deal with what he deals with every night. I remember having similar experiences when Ronnie was on the night shift - of course with different professions.