Here's my heart: that we might create a haven for our husbands, who see so much of the filth in our world on a daily basis. That we might cover our husbands' departments with prayer-prayer for safety & peace and spiritual revival. That hearts would change in our country for LE, that LEOs would be respected.

Sticky:

For any new visitors,the first post is here, if you are interested in the purpose of this blog.

Scroll down for recent posts.

Monday, November 12, 2007

A Great Non-LEO Day

Today was a great, great day with my husband. I realized when it was over, that there was nothing LE about it. (Unless you count him asking if he could put his gun in my purse and him sitting facing the crowd at Buffet City, oh, and the constant scanning of the room instead of looking me solidly in the eyes, lol.) Not that LE is bad-it's not that at all. It's that I married my husband as a non-LEO and I love him today because of HIM not because of his badge or his high pay (ha!) or his uniform although I really like him in uniform!)

What I mean is, I love Shane because of who he is inside. Because of our 15 years of shared experiences-from teenage silliness, to college papers to the birth of our children. I love him because he cracks me up. He loves me so strongly. He's madly in love with our daughters. His uniform and work duties have nothing to do with it.

Today, he cracked me up. I enjoyed his company soooo much today. The post about it is here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.